In the past year, eye care patients and eye wear shoppers in the U.S. responded to ads in the mailbox in a big way, including: 60% of eye care patients, 62% of prescription eye wear shoppers, and 64% of potential eye doctor switchers. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with leading eye care providers across the U.S. to help them build successful eye care marketing strategies.
Top 5 Trends to Consider as You Build Your Optical Marketing Strategy
- Online retailers and big-box operations are creating major competition for brick-and-mortar optical practices regarding eyewear sales.
- In the U.S., optometrists provide 88 million exams each year, with over 200 million Americans using a vision-correction device.
- The optical industry is projected to grow at an annualized rate of 2.7% to $19.4 billion by 2023.
- Increased use of screens is predicted to impact more consumers’ vision, resulting in a growing need for optical services.
- Contact lens subscription services are emerging, creating more competition for brick-and-mortar only optical practices.
Sources: AdMall AudienceSCAN 2020; WebMD; Zeiss.com; eyecarebusiness.com.
Influence Optical Patients with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with a digital component. Promote awareness of your optical practice and highlight your services and products while targeting your best potential patients.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print.
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format. Addressable geofencing digital ads allow you to reach your target audience with complementary digital ads to boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Competition among brick-and-mortar and online optical providers is strong. Keep your brand top-of-mind by placing it in your customer or prospect’s mailbox and in digital ads on their electronic devices to reinforce your brand and blunt competitors.
- Optimal results come from replicating your online branding and design. By reinforcing awareness developed online, we can help you drive the next action step of traffic to your website or location.
Sources: USPS Consumer Mail Moments, Spring 2020; 2017 NHCS Adult Study 12-month; Response Rate Report: Performance and Cost Metrics Across Direct Media,” ANA | DMA, November 2018
We offer marketing solutions to fit any optical practice need and budget.
The Impact Postcard Boost Solution
Increase response rates and ROI with targeting down to the household level using our high-visibility Impact Postcard Boost Solution. When we send out our monthly shared direct mail package, your Impact Postcard mails outside the package. This means that your message will receive the benefit of looking like a stand-alone piece at a fraction of the cost of traditional postcard delivery. Complementary addressable geofencing digital ads targeted to the same audience warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your postcard, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
The Impact Postcard Boost Solution is ideal for special events, acquisition, and retention with options to saturate areas with the same message or target specific households with a unique message, creative and offers. For even greater impact, add-ons such as magnets and scratch-offs are available.
Quick Response Boost Mover Program
Target movers as they make purchasing decisions with Quick Response Boost Mover Program. More than 70 brand decisions are made during a move, and movers are 5x more likely to become long-term patients. The Mspark Quick Response Boost Mover Program is a trigger-based solo postcard and complementary addressable geofencing digital ads that give our clients the flexibility to target pre- and new movers and reach them within 2-3 days when they are quickly making purchase decisions.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Targeted Inserts with Boost give you the flexibility to meet your business needs and budget requirements while targeting the customers most likely to do business with you with print and digital ads. These two-sided, full color pieces available in 9 different sizes allow you flexibility to showcase as many (or few) products or services as you need in a single mailing while targeting the same audience with Boost to increase reach and response.