Not only are consumers planning to spend more this holiday season as discussed in our previous holiday marketing post, they are starting earlier than ever before.
- 43% of rural consumers have already started in September and October, but most (60%) don’t plan to finish shopping until December.
- 83% are expecting much higher or somewhat higher prices, and rural consumers along with their urban and suburban neighbors say sales and promotions will be significantly/somewhat more important than before.
Engage Price-Conscious Shoppers
Engage price-conscious shoppers looking to save money with personalized offers in their mailbox.
Did you know?
34% of consumers look for coupons arriving in the mail or newspaper–more than email (30%), online/internet (28%), can cable/TV (24%).
Ensure your message reaches your highest-value target audience by engaging shoppers and moving them along the path to purchase with targeted direct mail. The LOB State of Direct Mail Report 2023 revealed:
- 64% of consumers say direct mail has inspired them to take action
- 65% say an offer or promotion caught their attention. Offers are key to get recipients to open and read direct mail.
- 68% of consumers are more likely to engage with a brand’s message when it’s personalized to them.
- 80% of consumers share direct mail with their friends and family making it more viral than you may think.
Consumers Are Still Interested in In-Store Shopping
While more than half of shoppers no longer wait for specific shopping days such as Black Friday, traditional in-store shopping appeals to many, including consumers in rural markets.
Consumers Likely to Shop in Stores on Black Friday
Read our previous blog post for more holiday retail marketing insights. Reach out today to connect with an expert to plan your strategy.
Source: Prosper Insights & Analytics; Vericast 2023 Retail Trend Watch; LOB State of Direct Mail 2023