As the busiest furniture shopping season of the year approaches, now is the time to design a furniture marketing plan to engage shoppers and acquire new customers during the critical Q4 selling period.
Getting to Know Furniture Buyers
- Furniture is THE TOP CATEGORY for New Movers
- Movers are 3x MORE LIKELY to buy furniture than non-movers.
- $5,214 estimated customer value during the first year
- Furniture retailers MUST be FIRST in the mailbox Learn more strategies for targeting new movers here.
- 60% of furniture shoppers say price is the most important factor in selecting a furniture store, followed by selection, quality, location, and service.
Furniture Shoppers Respond to a Variety of Advertising Channels
- 91% say deals, offers, and promotions are most important
- 69% respond to direct mail and digital combined
- 60% visit a retailer’s website after seeing online or offline ad media
Anchor Your Advertising Campaigns with Print
Consumers are receptive to print messages they receive in the mailbox. In fact, 79% look forward to checking their mailbox each day and spend up to 11 minutes sorting, opening, reading mail daily. Unlike digital ads, direct mail ads have a shelf life of 17 days. Direct mail is also valued and appreciated by consumers of all ages.
Increase Response & Conversion Through Coordinated Exposure Adding Digital Strategies
Adding digital strategies to your direct mail campaign is proven to increase response rates up to 118% and conversion rates up to 28% compared to direct mail alone. Consumers of all ages are more likely to make a purchase after receiving both print and digital advertising from a brand.
Learn how other furniture retailers have benefitted from a coordinated direct mail + digital advertising strategy in our case studies below. Reach out today to plan your strategy.
Sources: Prosper Insights & Analytics, MBI – January 2022; RAD 2022, AdMall 2022; Sources: US Small Business Assoc. 2022; RetailWire 2022; USPS Mail Moments Survey; SG360 The Future of Direct Mail, 2021