Did you know: On average, 1.75+ million people move every month, and during that move, the average consumer spends over $9,000. The response rate for new movers is also higher than the average consumer, averaging 0.5 – 1.5%.
This is a huge audience with tremendous purchasing power! What type of purchases are we talking about exactly? The list is long! Movers typically make 70+ brand decisions during a move, buying everything from large appliances and furniture to cleaning supplies, paint and restaurant delivery. They’re also making long-term brand decisions like communications and healthcare providers, preferred retailers, grocery stores and more.
If new mover marketing isn’t part of your overall marketing strategy, you could be missing out on a fantastic opportunity to not only drive new business but create loyal customers.
The Fastest & Most Accurate New Mover Marketing Program
Speed is more important than ever in capitalizing on this highly valuable consumer segment. In the past two years, the cycle from listing to contract in selling a home has shrunk from 55-70 days in 2019 to 25 days in 2020. By April 2021, nearly half (47%) of all homes were on the market less than 7 days.
Our Quick Connect Postcard, the fastest mover marketing program available, enables you to reach movers quickly, whether your goal is to target them at listing, at closing or beyond. Our mover information is available within 24 hours of a trigger being activated, which means we have the freshest data possible to build your integrated campaign. We can help you reach these consumers first, during a critical, high-spend, loyalty-starting buying phase.
A Flexible Approach Offering Multiple Touch Points
With speed comes flexibility, giving you the ability to target movers around a variety of purchasing decisions as needs change pre-move, during a move, and post-move.
Key Benefits for Your Business
- Reach a highly valuable audience by using our pre-mover or new mover targeted mailing lists.
- Triggered marketing allows you to target consumers with a uniquely relevant message during a high-spending period.
- Custom-build a program with multiple touch points to meet the unique buying habits of your target audience.
- Reach your customer in 2-3 days while complementary digital ads targeting the same households extend the reach and frequency of your message.
- Using our pre-mover or new mover targeted mailing lists gives you the ability to run a set it and forget it trigger marketing subscription program to continuously capture new customers.
A recent competitive data analysis proved that we offer up to 15% more mover records than competitors, and not only is the data accurate, it reaches homes fast.
- More than 55% of our records reach homes as much as 6 days sooner than competitor data – giving you almost a full week’s head start over your competition
- 18+ data sources and sophisticated data processing with daily updates ensure virtually 100% accuracy
Increase Reach and Response with the Quick Connect Mover Program
An integrated, multi-channel new mover marketing campaign that combines the high response rates of print ads with the added reach of digital ads is proven to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%. Our integrated advertising solutions target direct mail and digital advertising to the household level. Increase response and amplify your message by targeting your mover direct mail audience with addressable geofencing digital display ads to their devices. This multi-channel approach warms up the mailbox, increases reach & frequency, and improves marketing attribution.
Read our case studies to learn how businesses like yours have driven results and ROI with a new mover marketing strategy, and visit our Quick Connect page to read more about this program. Reach out today to discuss how a new mover marketing strategy could improve your results!
Sources: 2021 Competitive Data Analysis, Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis, Simplifi
Read how other clients have benefitted from new mover marketing in our case studies.
Furniture and Bedding Retailer
A furniture and bedding company with 6 retail locations was looking to grow sales by marketing to new movers coming into their markets. Another objective was to drive more online traffic to their website as shopping has shifted more to e-commerce, and online competition has grown.
- Identified the client’s key geography and utilized our primary data sources to set up a monthly subscription-based integrated new mover marketing program.
- Fast-to-market trigger-based Quick Response postcard reached targeted consumer mailboxes within 2-3 days of move-in.
- Addressable geofencing digital ads deployed over the course of the campaign, targeting the same households, starting 1-2 days before the direct mail piece hit the mailbox.
- Results were tracked by monitoring website traffic, as well as foot traffic attribution for all locations.
7x greater than industry average
Local Pizza Restaurant
- Operating since 2016, this local pizza restaurant was looking to increase their sales during the summer months. Summers are traditionally slower for their business, and they wanted to supplement by establishing brand loyalty with new movers in the area.
- First, we identified the client’s key geography. Next, utilizing our primary data sources that update daily, we set up a one-month test with our integrated new mover marketing program.
- Our fast-to-market trigger-based new mover postcard reached consumer’s mailboxes within 2-3 days of move-in when they were quickly making purchase decisions. We integrated and deployed addressable geo-fencing digital display ads targeting the same households, starting 1-2 days before the direct mail piece hit the mailbox.
- We tracked the success of the campaign by monitoring website traffic, as well as foot traffic attribution.
new movers targeted the first month
foot traffic conversions
return for every $1 spent
CTR, 6x greater than the industry average