Pharmacy customers of all types respond to ads in the mailbox. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with pharmacies across the U.S.
Trends to Consider as You Build Your Pharmacy Marketing Strategy
As you approach your pharmacy marketing strategy, responding to consumer behavior shifts is paramount to create a solid plan. Here are some trends to consider in shaping your pharmacy strategy:
- The pandemic has had a big impact on the drug store industry in several ways, including stock and supply chain challenges and need for enhanced safety protocols to protect customers and employees.
- The pandemic has also driven additional traffic as a destination for vaccinations and greater interest in vitamins and supplements as well as stocking up on supplies.
- 76% of consumers adopted a new shopping behavior like digital shopping or a new website during the pandemic. 75-84% of those consumers plan to continue their newly adopted shopping habits even after COVID
- Competition continues to be a major challenge for independent pharmacies. Competitors include national drug store chains, grocery stores, discount stores, warehouse clubs and online pharmacy options.
Sources: “Pharmacies & Drug Stores.” IBISWorld.com, 25 Jan. 2021. Web. 24 Feb. 2021; SalesFuel, 2021; Drugstorenews.com; Newsweek.com; McKinsey & Company.
Influence Pharmacy Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with addressable geofencing digital ads. Promote awareness of your pharmacy and highlight your offerings while targeting your best potential customers.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format. Addressable geofencing digital ads allow you to reach your target audience with complementary digital ads to boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
- In the past 12 months:
- 52% of national pharmacy chain customers responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox and 47% responded to an internet banner ad.
- 30% of independent pharmacy customers responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox and 22% responded to an internet banner ad.
- 53% of internet pharmacy customers responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox and 42% responded to an internet banner ad.
- 56% of superstore/warehouse club pharmacy customers responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox and 50% responded to an internet banner ad.
- 45% of consumers make purchasing decisions from offers they receive in the mailbox
- 61% of consumers visited a retailer’s website after receiving a print ad
Sources: Canada Post Neuroscience Report; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2021; IPC Cross-Border E-Commerce Shopper Survey 2019
We offer marketing solutions to fit any pharmacy retailer need and budget.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution:
Available in 9 sizes to meet your needs and budget, our Targeted Insert Boost Solution allows you to target the consumers most likely to do business with you all the way down to the carrier route level. The Targeted Insert Boost Solution includes a two-sided, full color piece that features only your business along with digital display ads. We have sizes ranging from standard inserts all the way up to mega inserts to meet any need. Your target audience will also receive complementary addressable geofencing digital ads, which warm up the mailbox and increase the reach and frequency of your campaign.
Preprinted Insert Boost Solution:
Do you already have a direct mail piece designed and printed? We can add your preprinted insert to our shared direct mail package, which will save you money when compared to other direct mail options. Targetable from the full market all the way down to the carrier route, this distribution option allows you to reach your ideal customer with your printed insert along with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads to your target audience. These digital ads warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
Impact Postcard Boost Solution:
Increase response rates and ROI with targeting down to the household level using our high-visibility Impact Postcard Boost Solution. When we send out our monthly shared direct mail package, your Impact Postcard mails outside the package. This means that your message will receive the benefit of looking like a stand-alone piece at a fraction of the cost of traditional postcard delivery. Complementary addressable geofencing digital ads targeted to the same audience warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your postcard, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
The Impact Postcard Boost Solution is ideal for special events, acquisition, and retention with options to saturate areas with the same message or target specific households with a unique message, creative and offers. For even greater impact, add-ons such as magnets and scratch-offs are available.
Quick Response Boost Mover Program:
Target movers as they make purchasing decisions for their new home with Quick Response. More than 70 brand decisions are made during a move, with consumers spending an average of $9,000. Additionally, movers are 5x more likely to become long-term customers. The Mspark Quick Response Boost Mover Program is a trigger-based solo postcard and complementary addressable geofencing digital ads that give our clients the flexibility to target pre- and new movers and reach them within 2-3 days when they are quickly making purchase decisions.