64% of pet parents have responded to an ad in the mailbox in the past 12 months. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with leading pet retailers across the U.S.
Top Trends to Consider as You Build Your Pet Retail Marketing Strategy
Even before the pandemic, purchasing habits of pet parents were shifting, and that shift accelerated due to COVID-19. Experts expect that at least some of these consumer shopping behavior changes will be permanent, specifically for purchases from online retailers like Chewy and Amazon.
- Pet ownership and spending is on the rise: As of April 2020, pet ownership increased 4% across the U.S., with pet supply spending up 10-15%. That trend has continued in 2021, with pet ownership increasing an additional 4% between December 2020 and March 2021.
- Before the pandemic, pet parents reported 15-20% of their pet purchases were made online, compared to 40-50% during the pandemic.
- In spring of 2021, 34% of US adults surveyed reported they do not purchase pet products online at all, while only 9% make 100% of their pet purchases online.
Sources: L.E.K. Consulting, Prosper Insights & Analytics
Influence Pet Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads. Promote awareness of your brand and highlight your products and services while targeting your best potential customers.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- 64% of pet parents have responded to an ad in the mailbox and 49% have responded to a digital ad in the past 12 months.
- 65% of pet grooming customers responded to an ad or coupon in the mailbox and 51% responded to a digital ad in the past 12 months.
- Of consumers who want to get a new pet in the next 12 months, 60% responded to an ad or coupon in their mailbox and 52% responded to a digital ad in the past 12 months.
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format. Including coupons and special offers helps get customers in the door or to your website. Addressable geofencing digital ads allow you to reach your target audience with complementary digital ads to boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Keep your brand top-of-mind by placing it in your customer or prospect’s mailbox and on their electronic devices to reinforce your brand and blunt competitors.
Sources: AdMall Audience Scan 2021; L.E.K. Consulting; Prosper Insights & Analytics; 2020 Valassis Consumer Intel Report; USPS Consumer Mail Moments, Spring 2020; 2017 NHCS Adult Study 12-month; Response Rate Report ANA | DMA, November 2018; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis
We offer direct mail marketing solutions to fit any pet retailer’s need and budget.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Targeted Inserts with Boost give you the flexibility to meet your business needs and budget requirements while targeting the customers most likely to do business with you with print and digital ads. These two-sided, full color pieces available in 9 different sizes allow you flexibility to showcase as many (or few) products or services as you need in a single mailing while targeting the same audience with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads to increase reach and response
Preprinted Insert Boost Distribution
Do you already have a direct mail piece designed and printed? We can add your preprinted insert to our shared direct mail package, which will save you money when compared to other direct mail options. Targetable from the full market all the way down to the carrier route, this distribution option allows you to reach your ideal customer with your printed insert along with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads to your target audience. These digital ads warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
Impact Postcard Boost Solution
Increase response rates and ROI with targeting down to the household level using our high-visibility Impact Postcard Boost Solution. What sets our Impact Postcard Boost Solution apart from other direct mail postcard options? When we send out our monthly shared direct mail package, your Impact Postcard mails outside the package. This means that your message will receive the benefit of looking like a stand-alone piece at a fraction of the cost of traditional postcard delivery. Complementary addressable geofencing digital ads targeted to the same audience warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your postcard, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
The Impact Postcard Boost Solution is ideal for special events, acquisition and retention with options to saturate areas with the same message or target specific households with a unique message, creative and offers. For even greater impact, add-ons such as magnets and scratch offs are available.
Quick Response Boost Mover Program
Target movers as they make purchasing decisions with the Quick Response Boost Mover Program. More than 70 brand decisions are made during a move, with consumers spending an average of $9,000. The Mspark Quick Response Boost Mover Program is a trigger-based solo postcard and complementary addressable geofencing digital ads that give our clients the flexibility to target pre- and new movers and reach them within 2-3 days when they are quickly making purchase decisions.