64% of retail hardware consumers have responded to an ad in the mailbox in the past 12 months. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with leading hardware retailers across the U.S.
Hardware Consumer Trends to Consider as You Build Your Marketing Strategy
As you assess your hardware marketing strategy, understanding and responding to consumer behavior shifts can help you create a solid plan to attract customers. Here are some trends to consider in shaping your hardware advertising campaign.
- 29% of DIY consumers have increased their DIY projects as a result of the pandemic.
- Competition from big-box retailers is predicted to continue to cut profit margins of smaller local hardware stores, but there is opportunity for local hardware stores to engage shoppers interested in supporting local businesses.
- More hardware retailers are offering workshops, classes, and demonstrations to attract consumers and increase sales. Offering online how-to videos, blogs and social media also attracts these consumers.
- Retailers are encouraged to market to the needs and preferences of millennials, who are poised to be a major market for hardware products.
- Once drivers of the DIY trend, boomers are now increasingly interested in do it for me (DIFM) products and services. Retailers report that in particular, demand for services, rather than hardware and tools, is on the rise among this demographic.
Sources: The Farnsworth Group & the Home Improvement Research Institute, June 2021; IBISWorld; Valassis.com; OutdoorPowerEquipment.com; KMOV.com; SalesFuel, 2019; HardwareRetailing.com; Npd.com.
Influence Hardware Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with addressable geofencing digital ads. Promote awareness of your business and highlight your services and products while targeting your best potential customers
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- 64% of DIY home improvement consumers responded to an ad or coupon in the mailbox in the past 12 months; 46% responded to an Internet banner ad.
- 61% of Home Depot customers responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox in the past in the past 12 months; 40% responded to an Internet banner ad.
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format. Including coupons and special offers helps get customers in the door. Addressable
geofencing digital ads allow you to reach your target audience with complementary digital ads to boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
Source: AdMall AudienceSCAN 2020, Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis, Canada Post Neuroscience Report
We offer integrated marketing solutions to fit any hardware retailer’s need and budget.
Preprinted Insert Boost Distribution
Do you already have a direct mail piece designed and printed? We can add your preprinted insert to our shared direct mail package, which will save you money when compared to other direct mail options. Targetable from the full market all the way down to the carrier route, this distribution option allows you to reach your ideal customer with your printed insert along with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads to your target audience. These digital ads warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Available in 9 sizes to meet your needs and budget, our Targeted Insert Boost Solution allows you to target the consumers most likely to do business with you all the way down to the carrier route level. The Targeted Insert Boost Solution includes a two-sided, full color piece that features only your business along with digital display ads. We have sizes ranging from standard inserts all the way up to mega inserts to meet any need. Your target audience will also receive complementary addressable geofencing digital ads, which warm up the mailbox and increase the reach and frequency of your campaign.
Quick Response Boost Mover Program
Target movers as they make purchasing decisions for their new home with Quick Response. More than 70 brand decisions are made during a move, with consumers spending an average of $9,000. Additionally, movers are 5x more likely to become long-term customers. The Mspark Quick Response Boost Mover Program is a trigger-based solo postcard and complementary addressable geofencing digital ads that give our clients the flexibility to target pre- and new movers and reach them within 2-3 days when they are quickly making purchase decisions.