59% of Dollar General customers and 61% of Dollar Tree shoppers have responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox in the past 12 months. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with discount retailers across the U.S.
Top Discount Store Trends to Consider as You Build Your Marketing Strategy
As you approach your discount retailer strategy, responding to consumer behavior shifts is paramount to create a solid plan. Here are some trends to consider in shaping your discount retailer marketing campaign:
- The pandemic caused consumers to adjust their spending habits:
- 32% plan to try to stick to a budget
- 31% plan to consider each purchase more carefully
- 46% of consumers are more interested in deals, coupons, or promotions now than before COVID-19.
- There are fewer than 30MM paid newspaper subscribers, less than a fifth of all U.S. households.
- Key consumer segments do not subscribe to or read a newspaper.
- 57% of Walmart customers responded to an ad in their mailbox in the past 12 months and 39% responded to an internet banner ad
- 59% of Dollar General customers have responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox in the past 12 months and 41% have responded to an internet banner ad.
- 61% of Dollar Tree shoppers have responded to an ad/coupon in the mailbox in the past 12 months and 39% have responded to an internet banner ad.
Sources:AdMall Audience SCAN 2020, Prosper Insights & Analytics™, Monthly Consumer Survey; Consumer Behaviors in a COVID-19 World Survey, Valassis
Influence Discount Store Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with addressable geofencing digital ads. Promote awareness of your business and highlight your products while targeting your best potential customers.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- Direct mail and digital advertising work synergistically to boost response rates by 118% and conversion rates by 28% versus print alone.
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- 45% of consumers make purchasing decisions from offers they receive in the mailbox
- 61% of consumers visited a retailer’s website after receiving a print ad
- Response rates increase by 30% when direct mail is paired with digital targeting
Sources:USPS Consumer Mail Moments Spring 2020, Summit Research, Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis, Canada Post Neuro Science Report, IPC Cross-Border E-Commerce Shopper Survey 2019
We offer discount store marketing solutions to fit any need and budget.
Preprinted Insert Boost Distribution:
Do you already have a direct mail piece designed and printed? We can add your preprinted insert to our shared direct mail package, which will save you money when compared to other direct mail options. Targetable from the full market all the way down to the carrier route, this distribution option allows you to reach your ideal customer with your printed insert along with complementary addressable geofencing digital ads to your target audience. These digital ads warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution:
Available in 9 sizes to meet your needs and budget, our Targeted Insert Boost Solution allows you to target the consumers most likely to do business with you all the way down to the carrier route level. The Targeted Insert Boost Solution includes a two-sided, full color piece that features only your business along with digital display ads. We have sizes ranging from standard inserts all the way up to mega inserts to meet any need. Your target audience will also receive complementary addressable geofencing digital ads, which warm up the mailbox and increase the reach and frequency of your campaign.
The Wrap Boost Solution:
The Wrap Boost Solution is a high-visibility saturation product that allows you to cost-effectively promote your business to an entire market. The Wrap Boost Solution contains all of the other inserts we send (except the Impact Postcard), so it’s the first part of our direct mail package that a person sees in their mailbox. This places your business front and center and showcases your products and services. The reach and frequency of your campaign increase even more with the addition of complementary digital ads targeted to the same audience to set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece.