In the next three months, 64% of consumers in rural markets plan to spend the same amount or more on hardware and home improvement supplies as they normally spend at this time of year. How will they decide where to spend their home improvement dollars? Price.
59% of consumers surveyed in June 2022 listed “price” as the number one reason for choosing a hardware or home improvement store, followed by location (51%), selection (50%), and quality (41%).
Connect with budget-conscious home improvement and hardware shoppers with value-focused messaging.
In the past 12 months, do-it-yourself (DIY) home improvement shoppers have responded to ads across a variety of media channels:
- Ads or coupons in the mailbox, 59%
- Internet banner ad, 48%
- Streaming TV ad, 47%
- Pre-roll video ad, 46%
Extend Reach & Response with Multichannel Hardware Marketing Campaigns
Mspark has an unmatched relationship with our national rural audience because consumers in the C&D markets we serve value our print solutions. This enables us to create offer-driven action for our clients. With consistently high response rates, our print advertising solutions are the foundation of an effective multichannel marketing strategy.
Did you know?
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone—a 175% increase over digital campaigns alone.
- Print drives digital engagement: 61% of consumers visited a retailer’s website after receiving a print ad.
- Increase awareness and retention with print and digital touch points: consumers who receive both types of ads are more likely to notice the ad (52%) and—more importantly—to remember the message (52%).
When print is boosted by the extended reach of digital ads, they create a truly powerful combination that drives results.
- Increase response as much as 30% by pairing print and digital ads.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after seeing an ad offline and online.
Check out our hardware case studies to learn how other clients have achieved results from a targeted, multichannel hardware marketing approach. Connect with us today to plan your strategy.
Sources: Prosper Insights & Analytics; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2021; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; USPS Consumer Mail Moments Spring 2020, Summit Research; Valassis Awareness to Action Study; Connecting for Action – Canada Post Neuroscience Report; Valassis Purse String Survey