While the 2020 and 2021 tax filing deadlines were extended due to complications from the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2022 filing deadline is expected to return somewhat back to normal with the traditional April filing deadline. This presents an opportunity for income tax preparers and accounting firms to get back to business as usual and prepare for the coming tax season now.
Why start now?
- Early season filers usually file their tax returns shortly after their Form W-2s become available so they receive their tax refunds as quickly as possible. In fact, in 2021, almost half (44%) of US adults surveyed planned to file their taxes in February.
- Traditional brick-and-mortar tax preparation services and accounting firms face increasing competition from online preparation services. Get your message in front of potential filers now – before they go online.
Engage consumers preparing to file their income taxes with a multi-channel marketing approach that drives action. Mspark’s print solutions have developed an unmatched relationship with our audience that enables us to create offer-driven action for our clients.
Did you know?
- 60% of accounting/tax service clients in the U.S. responded to ads or coupons in the mailbox past 12 months.
- 54% of consumers will try a business after receiving a direct mail ad. Millennials are even more likely to try a business in response to a mail ad at 60%.
- 46% of consumers go online for more information after receiving a direct mail ad. For millennials that percentage increases to 57%.
Our integrated Boost solutions work simultaneously with our print advertising by targeting the same households with digital ads, lifting response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- 47% of accounting and tax service clients in the U.S. have responded to digital display ads in the last 12 months.
- Print and digital media drive 69% of purchase influence.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after seeing an ad offline and online.
Our goal is to inform your marketing strategy to drive success. We partner with tax preparation service providers and accounting firms across the country to create integrated marketing solutions to engage consumers consistently and create brand loyalty. If you’d like to talk through your approach and how your business could benefit from partnering with Mspark, reach out today.
Sources: CPA Practice Adviser; Prosper Insights & Analytics Monthly Consumer Survey; United States. Securities and Exchange Commission. H&R Block, Inc.: 10-K. Edgar Online, 14 Jun. 2019. Web. 10 Feb. 2020; “Tax Preparation Services in the U.S.” IBSIWorld.com, Aug. 2019. Web. 7 Feb. 2020; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2021; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; Simplifi; Valassis.com.