Despite lockdown and disrupted supply chains during the pandemic, the home furnishings industry fared better than the economy overall in 2020, with 0.6% estimated growth in sales. The shift toward spending more time at home and working remotely is expected to help drive sales for the furniture industry in 2021, with 4% annual growth projected. The demand for online shopping is on the rise and offers furniture retailers additional opportunities for growth by selling on a larger platform and expanding the customer base geographically.
How can furniture retailers adapt to these developments and grow their business in 2021? A multi-channel approach anchored with direct mail is key to a powerful furniture marketing strategy to drive traffic and sales.
Download our infographic for trends and marketing insights to inform your furniture marketing strategy, and keep reading to learn more about how furniture retailers can increase marketing ROI with direct mail!
Did you know?
Furniture shoppers respond to ads in the mailbox. In the past 12 months, a significant number acted on an offer or ad they received in the mail, including:
- 62% of living room furniture shoppers
- 61% of bedroom furniture shoppers
- 64% of dining room furniture shoppers
- 63% of home furnishings shoppers
Adding a direct mail component to your furniture marketing mix gives you a powerful tool to help achieve your goals. Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high.
- Consumers spend 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading mail daily.
- 79% of recipients look forward to checking their mailbox each day.
- Daily mail engagement has increased 69% since March 2020.
Direct mail does more than simply engage consumers; it drives awareness and purchase intent.
- Advertisers achieve 39% lift in consumer awareness when print is integrated with digital campaigns vs. single media campaigns. And they get a 30% lift in response when print is paired with digital media.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone – That’s a 175% increase in purchase intent when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- Of survey respondents who received advertising mail from e-retailers, 36% visited the e-retailer’s website, and 28% made an online purchase as a result of this direct mail from the e-retailer.
We offer direct mail product solutions that benefit furniture retailers like you, helping you:
- Drive traffic to your store or website
- Re-engage lapsed customers
- Connect to new movers to your area
- Proactively communicate and engage your customers
- Promote grand openings, remodels, events, holiday sales, special promotions, specific products, reward programs, and more
The following direct mail product options have proven results as part of furniture retailer marketing plans.
- Trigger-based solo postcard program
- Reach pre and new movers during high-spending transition periods
- Engage movers in 2-3 business days
- 1:1 loyalty and acquisition messaging in one mailing
- Build awareness and brand consideration
- Personalized for better engagement and response
- Low cost, high ROI
- Maximize budget and extend reach
- Target ideal consumers in need of your services for better response
Download our infographic for a summary of tips and trends to create a successful marketing strategy, as well as a furniture case study to see how furniture retailers have increased traffic and sales with direct mail. If you’re ready to talk more about integrating direct mail into your multi-channel marketing strategy to drive better results and ROI, reach out today.
DOWNLOAD OUR INFOGRAPHIC
Sources: Furniture Industry Expected to Grow by 4% in 2021 – Furniture Today; Trends Dominating the Furniture Industry in 2021 – Furniture Today; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2020; USPS Mail Moments Consumer Survey Spring 2020; Connecting for Action – Canada Post Neuroscience Report; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; IPC Cross-Border E-Commerce Shopper Survey 2019