The pandemic caused many consumers to put the brakes on spending and keep their current vehicles a little longer. A new study from IHS Markit consulting firm reported that on average, 1 in 4 cars and trucks on the road in the U.S. are at least 16 years old.
As America began to emerge from the pandemic, some consumers who put purchase plans on hold decided to move forward with their vehicle purchase plans. New car demand increased sharply with sales returning to pre-COVID levels in March 2021. New-car inventory dropped 15% as sales increased while a microchip shortage diminished availability of new inventory.
This increase in older vehicles on the road combined with a shrinking inventory of new vehicles presents a great opportunity for tire and auto service centers to attract customers to meet the service and maintenance needs of their older vehicles. A marketing strategy that targets your best potential customers effectively is key to increased results and return on your advertising investment. Keep reading to learn how to position your tire and auto center for success amid changing consumer behaviors and needs.
Did you know?
33% of US adults plan to pay for an oil change or routine auto service (not in a dealership) within the next year. Of those, in the past 12 months:
- 62% responded to ads/coupons in the mailbox
- 44% responded to internet banner ads
16% of US adults plan to purchase new tires within the next year. Of those, in the past 12 months:
- 64% responded to ads/coupons in the mailbox
- 52% responded to internet banner ads
An integrated marketing approach utilizing print and digital channels is proven to drive results.
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Advertisers achieve a 33% lift in unaided ad awareness when print is integrated with digital campaigns vs. digital-only campaigns.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone – a 175% increase in purchase intent when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
We partner with tire and auto service centers to custom-build integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns utilizing ads in the mailbox combined with our Boost digital solution. This is a great way to promote awareness of your service center and highlight your services and products while targeting your best potential customers.
Our solutions include shared mail products, direct mail products, circular distribution, trigger-based marketing programs, and addressable geofencing digital advertising solutions—all supported by data analysis and targeting along with award-winning graphic design.
An integrated marketing campaign utilizing any of our shared or direct mail products and our Boost Solution delivers digital ads to your target households, setting the stage for the arrival of the printed marketing piece in their mailbox. This multichannel approach increases frequency, measures foot traffic, and amplifies your message, resulting in increased response.
Not only do our solutions engage your best customers; they reinforce your brand, blunt competitors:
- Keep your brand top-of-mind by placing it in your customer or prospect’s mailbox and blunting competitors.
- Engage new movers to your area first as they are quickly making purchase decisions with our trigger-based Quick Response Boost Mover Program.
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format while addressable geofencing digital ads with our Boost digital solution amplify your message and increase response by targeting the same households who received your shared mail piece.
- By segmenting your list and utilizing variable targeting options, you can remind customers when it’s time for an oil change or tire rotation based on their most recent service date or store transaction. Including coupons and special offers helps get customers in the door.
- The combination of precise customer targeting and a tangible printed piece keeps your message in front of your customer or prospect and serves as a reminder of the action you want them to take while complementary digital ads increase the reach and frequency of your campaign.
Click Get Started below to discuss your goals and strategy today!
Sources: cnbc.com; cars.com; USPS Consumer Mail Moments, Spring 2020, Summit Research; Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2021