Shared direct mail paired with digital advertising is a powerful marketing tool for restaurants of all types — casual dining, fast casual, QSR, and pizza to name a few. Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone – that’s a 175% increase in purchase intent when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
An integrated campaign utilizing any of our shared or direct mail products and our Boost Solution delivers a digital ad to your target households, setting the stage for the arrival of the printed marketing piece in their mailbox. This multi-channel approach increases frequency, measures foot traffic, and amplifies your message, resulting in increased response.
Source: Millward Brown Print Campaign Analysis
Drive Better ROI With Multi-Channel Campaigns
Mspark offers a variety of integrated advertising and marketing solutions to help restaurant marketers achieve their goals related to CRM growth, brand awareness, competitive intrusion, and labor shortages. Our cost-effective solutions are custom-built to create a powerful marketing mix for our clients to increase response and ROI. Our solutions include shared mail products, direct mail products, trigger-based marketing programs, and digital advertising solutions—all supported by data analysis and targeting along with award-winning graphic design.
Increase Response Rates and ROI with Targeting Down to the Household Level with the Impact Postcard Boost Solution
The high-visibility Impact Postcard Boost Solution mails outside of our shared mail package and produces solo mail results at a fraction of the cost with targeting available down to the household level. This shared mail solution with integrated digital ads ensures your message will reach your target audience in print and digital formats in a professional and personalized manner.
Cost-effectively Promote Your Restaurant to an Entire Market with Our Wrap Boost Solution
The Wrap Boost Solution is a high-visibility saturation product that allows you to cost-effectively promote your business to an entire market. The Wrap contains all of the other inserts we send (except the Impact Postcard), so it’s the first part of our direct mail package that a person sees in their mailbox. This places your business front and center and showcases your products and services. The reach and frequency of your campaign increase even more with the addition of complementary digital ads targeted to the same audience to set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece.
Keep Campaign Costs Low with the Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Targeted Inserts with Boost give you the flexibility to meet your business needs and budget requirements while targeting the customers most likely to do business with you with print and digital ads. These two-sided, full color pieces are available in 9 different sizes, allowing you flexibility to showcase as many (or few) products or services as you need in a single mailing while targeting the same audience with Boost to increase reach and response.
A regional QSR was looking to target households and drive traffic to four of their regional locations across multiple months.
- Identified the client’s key geography to build out both direct mail and digital geo-fencing components of the campaign utilizing Targeted Inserts + Addressable
Geofencing (AGF) Digital Display Ads
- For digital, we targeted the full direct mail list with about a 98% match rate
- The direct mail pieces dropped at the end of each campaign month. 18 digital impressions targeting the same households deployed over the course of 10 days, starting
1-2 days before the direct mail piece hit the mailbox
- Campaign results were tracked by monitoring website traffic, as well as foot traffic attribution at all 4 locations
CTR 2x greater than industry average
website visits and 117 foot-traffic conversion
Casual Dining Restaurant Chain
A casual dining restaurant chain was seeking to increase traffic and ROI at restaurant locations.
- Targeted ZIP codes based on propensity to dine out
- Mailed a Targeted Insert to 16,685 households surrounding the location
- Maintained consistent monthly frequency with appealing offers
coupons redeemed after one mailing
in sales for every $1 spent on advertising
ROI leading the client to recommend our solutions to their corporate office
National Pizza Chain
A national pizza chain customer wanted to enhance their current print program by combining loyalty and acquisition messaging in the same mailing to save money and increase return on investment. They were also looking to increase year-over-year sales and drive more customers to their stores.
- Targeted full ZIP codes within delivery area around each location
- Created multiple consumer segments: Current Customers & Loyal Customers based on online ordering frequency, New Customers, and Potential Customers
- Varied messages with different offers to each group utilizing the Variable Messaging Impact Postcard
- Established a mailing frequency to maintain customer attention and stay top-of-mind
sales increase compared to the previous month & 2,713 additional orders
sales increase compared to the same promotional period the previous year & 59% increase in orders