61% of gym members responded to an ad in the mailbox in the past 12 months. Our integrated Boost solutions work synergistically to lift response rates by up to 118% and conversion rates by up to 28%.
We work with leading fitness centers and gyms across the U.S.
Top 5 Health & Fitness Industry Trends to Consider as You Build Your Marketing Strategy
As you assess your fitness center or gym marketing strategy, responding to consumer uncertainty and understanding behavior shifts can help you create a solid plan. Here are some trends to consider in shaping your advertising campaign.
- Gyms and fitness centers today are competing with virtual options, too. Fitness app downloads increased 46% worldwide during the first 6 months of 2020.
- 64% of health/fitness club regulars say “exercise more” is one of their goals for the next year, and 54% say to “eat healthier/lose weight” is one of their personal goals.
- 37% of gym members surveyed indicated they would work out more after the pandemic, and half of those said they are motivated to do so by a renewed appreciation for their health and well being.
- 18% of health/fitness club regulars say they would like to switch to a different gym or health club in the next 12 months.
- 46% of consumers are more interested in deals, coupons, or promotions since before the pandemic. Now is the time to adapt your marketing strategy to draw in new members and engage members who have been inactive or lapsed during the pandemic.
Sources: Consumer Fitness Survey Finds Post COVID-19, Billions in Spend Will Be Lost or Reallocated in Massive Industry Transformation (Harrison Co. Survey May 2020), Consumer Behaviors in a COVID-19 World Survey (Valassis)
Influence Gym and Fitness Customers with a Multichannel Marketing Approach
Anchor your marketing strategy with direct mail while boosting its reach and effectiveness with addressable geofencing digital ads. Promote awareness of your fitness center or gym and highlight your offerings while targeting your best potential customers.
- 61% of gym members responded to an ad in the mailbox in the past 12 months and 58% responded to an internet banner ad.
- When print is paired with digital media, advertisers see as much as a 30% increase in response.
- Print drives 11% purchase intent compared to only 4% with digital alone. That’s a 175% INCREASE when anchoring your digital campaign with print!
- Shared direct mail gives you the ability to create one-on-one messages in a tangible format. Addressable geofencing digital ads allow you to reach your target audience with complementary digital ads to boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Engagement with the mailbox is at an all-time high with daily mail engagement increasing 69% since March 2020 and consumers spending 11 minutes sorting, opening, and reading their mail daily.
- 54% of recipients have tried a new product, service, or establishment after receiving promotional mail.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after seeing an ad offline and online.
Sources: 2018 Data and Marketing Association Response Rate Report; A Look at Consumer Behaviors in a COVID-19 World; AdMall AudienceSCAN 2021; Valassis Purse String Survey
We offer gym and fitness center marketing solutions to fit any need and budget.
Targeted Insert Boost Solution
Available in 9 sizes to meet your needs and budget, our Targeted Insert Boost Solution allows you to target the consumers most likely to do business with you all the way down to the carrier route level. The Targeted Insert Boost Solution includes a two-sided, full color piece that features only your business along with digital display ads. We have sizes ranging from standard inserts all the way up to mega inserts to meet any need. Your target audience will also receive complementary addressable geofencing digital ads, which warm up the mailbox and increase the reach and frequency of your campaign.
Impact Postcard Boost Solution
Increase response rates and ROI with targeting down to the household level using our high-visibility Impact Postcard Boost Solution. What sets our Impact Postcard Boost Solution apart from other direct mail postcard options? When we send out our monthly shared direct mail package, your Impact Postcard mails outside the package. This means that your message will receive the benefit of looking like a stand-alone piece at a fraction of the cost of traditional postcard delivery. Complementary addressable geofencing digital ads targeted to the same audience warm up the mailbox and set the stage for the arrival of your postcard, increasing reach and frequency of your campaign.
The Impact Postcard Boost Solution is ideal for special events, acquisition and retention with options to saturate areas with the same message or target specific households with a unique message, creative and offers. For even greater impact, add-ons such as magnets, scratch offs and even punch cards are available.
The Wrap Boost Solution
The Wrap Boost Solution is a high-visibility saturation product that allows you to cost-effectively promote your business to an entire market. The Wrap Boost Solution contains all of the other inserts we send (except the Impact Postcard), so it’s the first part of our direct mail package that a person sees in their mailbox. This places your business front and center and showcases your products and services. The reach and frequency of your campaign increase even more with the addition of complementary digital ads targeted to the same audience to set the stage for the arrival of your printed piece.