1. In a recent survey by Wakefield Research, 90% of Gen Z is changing how they shop in response to the rising cost of living.
- 56% look for deals and discounts and check prices more often than before.
- Almost 50% follow a stricter budget.2
Tip: To acquire more customers in this age group, utilize Gen Z marketing messaging that offers them deals and value.
2. The survey also found that half of Gen Z adults believe they spend more wisely when they shop in person, and 40% are more confident in purchases they make in-store.2
Tip: Raise awareness of your brick-and-mortar locations with a marketing strategy that targets Gen Z with relevant offers and keeps your business top of mind.
3. Before they visit a store, Gen Z does their homework online.
- Nearly 75% spend anywhere from a few hours to a few days researching an item before they make a purchase.
- 41% of Gen Z shoppers browse for inspiration online, even though most do not complete their purchase that way. 2
4. When Gen Z does make a purchase online, more than half (52%) shop with a retailer they already know and trust. 2
Tip: Retarget visitors to your website with direct mail to increase response and acquire new customers. Learn more about website retargeting with direct mail.
5. Gen Z spends more time reading their mail than any other age group.3
6. Gen Z places a high value on direct mail, even higher than millennials.3
Tip: Our targeting capabilities can help you zero in on your highest-value prospects to target with Gen Z marketing, or any other age group. Learn more about our targeting capabilities here.
#7. Gen Z is the most likely of all age groups to try a new business after receiving marketing mail, as well as the most likely age group to go online after receiving advertising mail from a brand.3
Tip: Target Gen Z consumers with an offer or deal they can claim online or in-store.
8. Consumers are likely to make a purchase after receiving both print and digital advertising from a brand, with Gen Z being the most likely.3
Likelihood of multi-channel ad exposure to influence purchases across age groups:
Tip: Direct mail paired with pinpoint-targeted digital advertising increases reach and response and minimizes wasted ad spend.
Learn more about how digital advertising can grow your business. Click “Get Started” below to connect with an expert to plan your strategy.
Sources: Statista.com, US population by generation1; Gen Z is not shopping the way we thought they would – Furniture Today2; USPS Mail Moments Survey 2023