Father’s Day is June 16, and families nationwide will be shopping for gifts to celebrate a special man in their lives. Did you know 65% of rural households with children bought Father’s Day gifts for a father or stepfather last year, and 44% bought gifts for a husband?
Rural households are spending more and more on Father’s Day every year, and in just the last 3 years alone, have increased their Father’s Day planned spend by 9.4%. This gives businesses plenty of opportunity to drive traffic and capture consumer budgets through promotion in the mailbox before June 16.
Check out these opportunities for businesses advertising for Father’s Day:
- 26% of rural households with children planned to spend more on Father’s Day last year than in previous years.
- 19% of rural households with children planned to spend at a small/local business for Father’s Day in previous years.
- Rural households with children are 11% more likely than their urban counterparts to plan to shop at small/local businesses for Father’s Day.
- Rural consumers’ average spend on Father’s Day gifts:
- $75 Consumer electronics
- $59 Home improvement & gardening
- $56 Special outings
- $53 Tools & appliances
- $52 Sporting goods
- $43 Automotive
- $42 Personal care
- $42 Gift certificates
- $23 Books or CDs
As you’re planning for your Father’s Day promotions, it’s worth noting that direct mail is 17% more influential on retail purchases than email advertising. Need another reason to use direct mail? According to the Data and Marketing Association, direct mail has the highest response rates of any other medium. To promote your business and help your customers find the perfect gift for Dad, make sure you are in the mailbox for the Mspark May 30th in-home date.
Don’t miss the order deadline in late April – give us a call or fill out the form to get started today!
GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Prosper Insights & Analytics™