It may seem like school just got out for summer, but the back-to-school shopping season is coming up quickly!
Did you know the majority of rural consumers will start their shopping between 3 weeks and 2 months before school starts?
Don’t miss out! Capture back to school budgets with our 7/31 mailing (deadlines start 6/25).
Valuable Facts about the Rural Consumer’s Back to School Shopping Habits
- 38% of rural consumers are influenced by coupons and 32% are influenced by advertising inserts
- 27% of rural consumers start shopping at least 2 months before school starts
- 46% of rural consumers start shopping three weeks to a month before school starts.
- 47% of rural consumers have kids in high school
- 44% of rural consumers have kids in elementary school
- 36% of rural consumers have kids in middle school
- 83% of rural consumers plan to spend the same or more than last year on back to school items
- 59% of rural consumers plan to do back-to-school shopping at a department store, and 58% plan to do back-to-school shopping at a discount store
Back to School Spend by Category
Prosper Insights & Analytics